CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

greater than/less than


One of our kindergarten learning goals in math is to learn about greater than/less than. Before doing this activity, we have talked about which number is more and which number is less. For example, to pass the time in the car and to take advantage of that time, I will call out 2 numbers like 14 and 21. Then I ask the girls to tell me which number is bigger/greater or which is smaller/less. Once they got the hang of this, I thought it was time to introduce the greater than/less than sign to them. Gracelyn did very well with this concept. I haven't done it with Ella yet, but I don't think she will have any trouble with it either.

If you are interested in the mat, you can download it here.

No comments: