CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

homeschooling on hold...

We are putting a much needed hold on homeschooling until all of our curriculum comes in. Since moving to Alabama we havn't quite gotten our groove for school yet. I tried to start school a few weeks back because the girls caught the Back-to-School bug from their friends and cousins. And by nature, I am a planner and organizer. And this idea of just doing school just wasn't working for me! I am taking this week to plan and prepare. Last week, I finally got around to ordering our books and they should be here very soon (I hope!).

I am excited that we found a homeschool co-op group and we are doing classes there on Mondays. In a way, I'm glad I didn't order any books before joining the co-op group because I like what they are doing and using. We are taking the Literature/Craft class and the Astronomy class.

So, here is the line up of curriculum for this school year. I will still use our kindergarten learning goals, too.

Phonics and Reading:
Abeka

Literature/Craft:
FIAR (Five in a Row)

Ferdinand is the first book and lapbook that we have done at co-op:


Math:
Math U See (starting in January)

Until January, we will check off/review concepts on our learning goals list.

Astronomy:

Apologia

2 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Sounds like you are off to a good start! Read your guest post on Homeschool Village, & wanted to stop & say "Hi!"

Tam said...

thanks for stopping by Jamie!