CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 26, 2010

learning styles

I think it's important to get to know your children's learning styles. By knowing each child's learning style, you will be able to offer learning experiences that will enhance their learning process. There are 3 types of learners...

1. visual learners - learn by seeing the teacher's face, may think in pictures and learn through visual aids (graphic organizers, videos, power points, handouts)

2. auditory learners - learn by hearing. written material may have little meaning until it is heard (read alouds, books on tape, sound bingo)

3. tactile/kinesthetic learners - learn through moving, touching and doing. they will find it hard to sit still for long periods of time (experiments, projects, involve them physically, hands-on activities, use highlighters when reading)


"What I hear, I forget.
What I hear and see, I remember a little.
What I hear, see, and ask questions about or discuss with
someone else, I begin to understand.
What I hear, see, discuss, and do, I acquire knowledge and skill.
What I teach to another, I master."

No comments: