CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 12, 2010

alphabet activity



I made this alphabet flip matching game a bazillion years ago for one of my college classes. On the left side is all of the capital letters and on the right side is all of the lower case letters. The idea is to have your child/student match the lower case letter to the capital letter. The capital letters are not in alphabetical order and neither are the lower case letters. But, I think it would be fine to put the lower case letters in alphabetical order.

review:
I put this in one of my 3 year old's workboxes and she matched about 8 letters before she got tired of it. She liked the idea, but she got tired of flipping through the lower case letter side each time. Looking back, I should have only put 10 letters of each side. That way she would have had a "do-able" number and could have had a sense of accomplishment when she finished. (See, I told you I was learning a lot as I go along!)

materials:
4x6 index cards (unlined)
small notepad (I think I got mine from The Schoolbox)
pre-cut upper and lower case letters
a sturdy piece of cardboard for the backboard
a spiral thingy

educational benefits:
alphabet matching (visual discrimination)

No comments: