CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 3, 2010

taste bud-dy



Here is another behavior booster that I've been doing with my oldest daughter. She is having a hard time controlling her tone of voice and I found this booster in the book I bought. It has been a great visual for her. When she uses an ugly tone of voice, I ask her to go color a section of the tongue black. When she uses a nice tone of voice, I ask her to go color a section of the tongue pink.

She occasionally looks at the tongue and comments that there are more sections that are black. I take this opportunity to remind her of ways she can use a nice tone of voice.

True story - The other morning I was upstairs and she came upstairs to tell me that she colored a section black because she KNEW she was using an ugly tone of voice! Self discipline - gotta love it :)

Keep your tongue from evil. Psalm 34:13a

**For more preschool ideas and activities, be sure to check out The Preschool Corner.

No comments: